Everything You Ever Wanted To Know, But Were Afraid To Ask
Everything You Wanted To Know, But Were Afraid To Ask!
Topics Covered Include:
- The case for healthy soil
- Winter Water Ideas
- How to Set up and Use a Winter Bale Graze
- Poultry in the barn, and on pasture
- Pigs - Why not outside?
- Cow moves & pasture fencing
- Chicken & turkey moves
- Water & Riparian Areas
- Pasture walks
- ADDITIONAL HANDS-ON & IN-FIELD LEARNING
Sessions will take place in both the classroom and in the field.
- Appropriate Clothing based on the time of year
- Something you wish to use to keep notes
- An anticipation of what you will learn
*** Lunches & One Supper Provided ***
- Take Highway 2 North to Athabasca, continuing through town
- When you get to the Athabasca River (T Intersection) turn right
- Take Highway 813 North towards Calling Lake and Wabasca turn left
- Go 16 KM, at Sawdy Rd turn right
- Follow the road as it curves left for about 1 mile
- Take the Second Driveway on the Left